Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Karen Goldberg


 Twitter   LinkedIn 

Social change practitioner, passionate about creating conditions for flourishing



Websites:


My passion in life, and how it connects to the theme of "The Power of Love and Compassion in Governance":

I am passionate about many things – the natural world, human wellbeing and supporting people to express as much of their essence as possible in the world, in service of both personal fulfillment and contributing to the world at large. 

My passions translate into my purpose and my vocation. My work lies at the interface between the deeply personal and the systemic – underpinned by a belief that it is only when we bring the two together that deep and lasting systemic is possible. At a time where the world is perhaps in greatest need of such an initiative I am deeply heartened and encouraged that the SoH forum is stepping into the space, committed and ambitious enough to engage with this subject at the highest political and leadership levels.

I am particularly interested in two dimension of this: multi-stakeholder processes that enable people who usually don’t talk to or trust one another to find ways of working together on issues of common concern; and how to support and sustain the change agents working to effect change in the face of big complex potentially emotionally overwhelming and paralysing global issues such as climate change.


Personal Quote

You can see clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. 
- Antoine Saint-Exupery

Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment